This website is operated by Renaissance Legal. Renaissance Legal treats the handling of personal data seriously. This Privacy Statement details how data about you is collected, stored and use by Renaissance Legal. Renaissance Legal assures you that it will only use your data as specified below and for its legitimate business reasons.
Collection and use of data
- Unless otherwise provided in the Privacy Statement, Renaissance Legal will not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your express written consent. Renaissance Legal will only pass your data to other third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement, any other terms and conditions of supply (ie, our letter of engagement and terms of business), or if required to do so by law. Renaissance Legal may disclose your data to certain permitted third parties, such as third party service providers, Renaissance Legal’s own professional advisers who are bound by confidentiality codes and when Renaissance Legal is legally obliged to disclose your data.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”), the data controller is Renaissance Legal, unless otherwise confirmed in writing to you at the time your data is collected. Renaissance Legal operates in accordance with the DPA, and any amendments thereto. Renaissance Legal is notified as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office, under registration number Z2254189.
- Renaissance Legal can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, email and payment details) from a number of different sources:
i. when you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone to us, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email, or via the website.
ii. when you access the website, your computer’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL which is collected and used to compile statistical data on the use of our website, as well as to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the website. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer.
iii. if you email us a CV to apply for a staff position, we will use the information provided to match your skills and experience with available opportunities. Any additional use of your information in the future would be governed by appropriate terms and conditions of employment (if applicable).
- Renaissance Legal may use your name, address and/or email address so that it can send out information to you that it thinks may be of interest to you. Renaissance Legal requires your information in order to provide you with our services and deal with your instructions to us. We may use the information you provide to us for marketing and administration, in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Any material you upload to the website will be considered to be non-confidential and non- proprietary and Renaissance Legal has the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
- In order to carry out work for you, Renaissance Legal may need to collect information about you to pass to third parties (e.g. barristers, other service providers) for the purposes of supplying services to you. This may involve the transfer of information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (although this is unlikely) and by providing Renaissance Legal with this information you provide your consent to transfer such information out of the EEA. The information collected may include your name and any other relevant information required for performance of the services.
- You have the right to ask Renaissance Legal not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by Renaissance Legal. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”), as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Renaissance Legal’s costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Should you want further information, the site www.aboutcookies.org explains how you can delete and control the cookies that are stored on your computer.
By disclosing your personal information via the website, over the telephone or via email or post you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information by Renaissance Legal in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement and any relevant terms and conditions of business.
Renaissance Legal may email or send by post details about services or bulletins which Renaissance Legal believes may be of interest to you, unless you inform us otherwise. You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information about Renaissance Legal by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information Renaissance Legal holds about you, you may email Renaissance Legal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may write to us at Tower Point, 44 North Road, Brighton, BN1 1YR.