Renaissance Legal Artwork Competition
We have always wanted to run an artwork competition like this, but haven’t had the opportunity until now! As some of you may know we’re moving to a lovely new office space in December 2018 and the walls need some bright new artwork to make it feel like home.
The Renaissance Legal Artwork Competition is open nationally to children and young adults between the ages of 4 and 25 with disabilities or SEN.
We’re asking you to create a picture of your favourite day. This could be anything that makes a day special to you, whether it be a relaxing day at home, a fun-filled day at the park or eating cakes with your favourite friend!
Entries will be spilt into the following categories:
- 4-8 years old
- 9-13 years old
- 14-18 years old
- 19-25 years old
Prizes will be awarded to the winners, with a Gold, Silver and Bronze winner in each of the age categories, as well as an overall winner. Each winner can choose gift vouchers from Amazon, iTunes or National Book Tokens for the winning amount (Gold: £40, Silver: £20, Bronze: £10). The overall winner can choose a voucher for £100 from the same retailers.
The winners will have their artwork professionally printed and framed for display in the new Renaissance Legal offices.
We’re extremely lucky to have the support of Ros Cook (Services Director at Amaze) and Danielle Garratt (Volunteer with Brighton’s Mymarc group) alongside our very own Philip Warford to judge the competition.
- Entry format:
- Paint, crayon or pen only (no pencil or chalk please)
- The judges would like each entry to be sent in with a 100 word synopsis, outlining what the picture is trying to achieve and what it is that makes this ‘favourite day’ special to the child or young person. This can be written by the parent, carer or friend.
- The entry deadline is the 25th January 2019, so please send in your artwork in plenty of time.
- Entries to be sent in an envelope, addressed to Renaissance Legal, Pacific House 126 Dyke Road Brighton BN1 3TE.
- Please ensure your 100-word synopsis is included, and that your name, contact details and the age of the entrant are enclosed.
Winners will be announced in early February 2019. We can’t wait to see your creations!