Thursday 5 October @ 10.00am
If you are a parent or carer of a child or young person who may not be able to make decisions about their welfare and finances now or in the future, you will need to consider the best ways to protect them as they move to adulthood.
On Thursday 5 October, Philip Warford will be delivering a free seminar via Zoom, talking about planning for the future of disabled and vulnerable people. Philip will talk through who can make decisions on behalf of another person, the key principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Powers of Attorney and how the Court of Protection might help.
Philip will discuss:
• What is mental capacity & who assesses mental capacity
• What affects mental capacity
• Different levels of capacity for different things
• How the Mental Capacity Act 2005 affects us
Powers of Attorney
• What is a Power of Attorney
• Lasting Powers of Attorney explained
Court of Protection
• What it is and what is does
• When and how to contact them
• Timescales and their charges
To book a place please click here.
If you have a question regarding the presentation, please contact Elle O’Connor on 01273 610611.
Organiser: Renaissance Legal
Venue: Webinar via Zoom
Booking: Click here to book.
5th October, 2023 @ 10.00am