Welfare Benefits – A Guide Through the Maze
Organiser: MBL Seminars
Venue: Online - via Zoom
Booking: Click here to book a place
Renaissance Legal’s specialist benefits team will be presenting a seminar, Welfare Benefits – A Guide Through the Maze – Learn Live for MBL.
About the Event
Delivered by benefits specialists Jayne Knights and Amy Swinnterton, this virtual classroom seminar will provide delegates with guidance on the welfare benefits system, identifying the main pitfalls, complexities and fast-changing pandemic-related measures which dominate the benefits system in 2020-21.
It is aimed at people working in a legal setting who need to feel confident and updated in their benefits knowledge.
N.B. The course is not suitable for specialist benefits caseworkers and will not address immigration-related benefits issues.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Different categories of benefits
- How the different benefits interrelate
- What ‘menu’ of benefits is appropriate in any given scenario
- An overview of the newest benefit, universal credit, and some of the problems this benefit can bring – including the two-child limit and the benefit cap
Capital and Disregarded Capital
- How capital is viewed and assessed by the DWP for different kinds of benefits
- How the rules on ‘deprivation’ of capital need to be fully understood when advising clients on inheritances and trusts
Further information, including details on how to book, can be found here: https://www.mblseminars.com/outline/13048